I think makeup is a powerful tool and a wonderful gift to mankind. However, I didn’t always feel that way. When I was younger I wanted nothing to do with makeup. I watched it control certain women in my life to the point they couldn’t leave the house without it! I thought it was terrible.
In the last few years, I have grown and matured through life and found my own outlook on makeup. Makeup helps me to feel confident and powerful. Let’s be honest, some days a little lipstick just makes you feel a little bit closer to having your life together. (Lord, knows I need help in that department) So my general makeup outlook is, flaunt it if you wanna or rock that bare face! There really are no rules. (or at least there shouldn’t be)
5 Makeup Must-Haves
- Good Skincare- I know, I know that’s not TECHNICALLY a makeup product. I am a skin care advocate! I have been blessed with clear skin almost my whole life, which I know makes me very fortunate. If you don’t start with a solid foundation of healthy skin your makeup application is never going to be as glamorous as it could be! Plus if you have great skin you can skip the foundation and feel more confident!
- Mascara- Ooooo, do I love me some mascara. I love that I can add a little color to my lashes and BAM a whole new level of glam! But how is a girl to choose? there’s just so many options; lengthening, curling, waterproof! I opt for one that has all three! The main thing I look for in a mascara is for it to go on smooth; if there is one thing I can not stand, it’s clumpy mascara! You can check out my favorite mascara here.
- Go-to Eyeshadow color- I have one color that I can swipe over my lids really quickly any day. It matches anything I am wearing and totally makes my eyes pop! (WIN!) I do use it just about everyday. For me its a smokey-brown. I have really been digging liquid-to-powder eye shadow’s lately too! Makes blending so much easier.
- Under-Eye Brightener- I have nefarious dark circles under my eyes. I could just be waking up from 8 glorious hours of sleep and still look zombie-ish. Give me a good eye brightener and I can conquer the world! Not really, I have no desire to run the world, but you get the idea. It’s awesome
- That Perfect Lip Color- You know what I’m talking about, the nude that helps you feel like a sexy librarian, or that red that helps you channel your inner Christiana Aguilera. Finding the perfect lip color is like the ultimate girl win! Mine is Fly Girl by LipSense, in case you were wondering. It’s completely smudge-proof, so that is a HUGE bonus.
Now you have the tools to be you. Share your art, get a boost of confidence and totally flaunt it. Whether you’re going full glam, or racing out the door these are your 5 Makeup Must-Haves. Do you have any you would add? Let me here them in the comments below.